Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The home stretch

With only about 3 months to go I'm becoming anxious and nervous for the arrival of our little one. Wishing my husband was here everyday to witness the little miracle growing inside me. The kicking and the ever growing stomach. Things are beginning to get complicated for me. Small easy tasks, like pulling the hide-a-bed out of the couch, I cannot do anymore. Sitting on the floor is pretty much out of the question because getting back up is quite the big deal. And every day my stomach gets larger.

I believe our little one may have stage fright as well. Every time he/she kicks or moves I hurry over to a family member hoping they will be able to witness it and the second their hand touches my stomach the baby stops moving. Little one apparently wants to perform for only Mommy (And for Daddy, because he was able to feel the baby last time I saw him).

Getting ready for a baby shower in about a month or so. Two baby showers actually. Justin's family is too far away to come to my shower in my home town and my family is too far away to drive to where his family is. I'm rather nervous to be meeting my husband's family without my husband being there... I hope it all goes well!

My aunt is taking picture of my growing belly on a regular basis, every week, to show the progress from week 23 and up; and so I can keep Justin posted on what his wife looks like. I feel like I have a balloon under my shirt and the feeling of attractiveness has pretty much escaped me as of late. Everyone claims I'm glowing and Justin still thinks I'm beautiful but some days I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I do realize that there is a baby inside me and that most of the weight will be gone after birth but it doesn't change how I feel. Just another struggle for soon to be mothers.

Well not much else is really happening right now, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment